10.02.2013

Which ship will you choose?


This past Sunday's class with the teens was titled "Awaken A Generation." The premise lies in what I see when teaching, preaching, and interacting with people is this appearance of being asleep (Matt.26:45) and or numb (Eph. 4:18). I admit there was a great tension in my own soul as I prepared for class that the enemy was throwing lies out to me in hopes that I would make agreements with those lies. The lies of discouragement that Jesus does not provide an abundant life, but the truth in John 10:10 is that he came to give a life filled with joy and the first part of the verse rightly shows that Satan is here to steal, kill, and destroy my soul. Knowing this battle which exist in John 10:10, I believe we have to be aware of the difference of the abundant life Jesus is calling us to live in.



















The abundant life is one where we are engaged in battle for the Kingdom at large versus this mentality that the Kingdom of God is about me and my pleasure to take in and consume what I desire. I believe in order for a generation to come alive I need to climb on the battleship and get off the me centric crusie ship. Throughout the Bible and in our lives today scripture points toward a battle in which we must be prepared. One of the primary sources of truth and grace is found in Ephesians 6:10-18.

My prayer is for a generation and families to come awake to the glory of God. Engage in the battle on the right ship. There is a thief coming to steal, kill, and destroy. Awake...my soul (Eph.14).



No comments:

Post a Comment